I'm Back!

It's been awhile since my last post!  And for those of you who have wondered why...during the months of intensive chemo, I wasn't able to concentrate enough to put coherent thoughts together for a blog, or any type of writing for that matter!  The medical community refer to it as "chemo brain," a common side effect to treatment.  Pretty frustrating.  And it wasn't just effecting my ability to write, but even my speech!  I'd lose my train of thought mid-sentence, or forget a common word I wanted to use to communicate something.  Thankfully, it wasn't a constant occurrence, and seemed to typically happen when I was excited, focused, or passionate about what I was talking about; my brain would slip out from under me, like losing your footing on a slippery floor.

I definitely missed blogging, applying my thoughts of this experience to something "tangible," and understanding how it all makes sense as I write it out in words.  I would make mental notes along the way to blog about a break through, or a bad day, or a day when I felt like what we were enduring was molding me into a new and improved version of myself.  But, I was never really able to sit and focus long enough to make it any of it coherent...that is, until now.  I don't remember exact dates or times, but I have these mental catalogs of things I'd like to express to you about what has happened over the past 3 months since we last sat and "chatted."

So, over the next several weeks, I'm just going to let myself tell it as it unfolds from my mental catalog since my mind and my body are still in recovery from a season I hope and believe I will never have to relive again!

Thanks for your support, and for hanging in there to follow me along the way!

Blessings!


Comments

  1. I love you! love your #1 fan! yes your cousin. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts